October is National Cooperative Month, and as a special thanks to our customers, Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative has teamed up with Fayette Electric Cooperative for the 6th year to host a special Shred Day. Join us Friday, October 13th for a FREE document shredding service in La Grange. Shred trucks will be available from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Fayette Electric and from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM at Colorado Valley’s office. For anyone with more than three boxes, donations are requested which will benefit the AMEN Food Pantry and the Mini Horse Helpers of La Grange.
Fayette Electric Cooperative is located at 357 North Washington St, La Grange, TX 78945.
Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative is located at 4915 S. US Highway 77, La Grange, TX 78945.
Boxes may be no larger than 26.7” long x 15.7” wide (equivalent to a 21-gallon tote). No boxes or containers may be left behind. No electronics, ink cartridges, metal, plastic, film or cardboard.
Discover the advantages of belonging to a cooperative! National Cooperative Month is to raise public awareness of cooperatives and celebrate their accomplishments.
COOPERATIVE MONTH FUN FACTS:
- A cooperative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise.
- Cooperative principles are voluntary and open membership, democratic member control, member economic participation, autonomy and independence, education and training, cooperation among cooperatives, and concern for the community.
- Cooperative month has been a nationally recognized celebration since 1964. The first national theme in 1964 was “Cooperatives: USDA Helps Build a Better America.”
- Since 1971, cooperatives, statewide associations, and the National Cooperative Business Association have fueled their own events and promotions.
- Every October, the U.S. Department of Agriculture releases its annual Cooperative Month proclamation.
See you on October 13th!