COVID-19 Update from Colorado Valley Communications
Colorado Valley Communications is focused on keeping you healthy and connected.
At Colorado Valley Communications, we value the health and safety of our customers and employees above all else, which is why we are closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are sensitive to the impact this pandemic is having on our customers and employees, while recognizing the importance of keeping our fellow Texans connected. With these thoughts in mind, we have implemented the following measures:
What we are Doing Internally
We are implementing policies to protect our employees and customers from exposure to the virus.
- Employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
- We are identifying jobs that can be performed remotely and setting those employees up to work from home.
- Beginning March 13, 2020, we limited foot traffic at our office by closing the lobby. While our lobby is closed, we are not. We have many options to remotely pay your bill including the SmartHub app, which is a free app that customers can download on their Apple or Android devices. Visit cvctx.com/billing for more information about bill pay options.
- Before any employee will be dispatched to a customer’s home for a service call, we will ask the customer a series of questions to determine the risk of exposure to our employee. If any risk exists, the service call will be rescheduled if possible. If the service call is an emergency, special precautions must be taken by our employee and our customers before a visit can be made.
Higher Than Normal Internet Usage
During this time, many of our customers are working from home, continuing education at home, and may be streaming video or gaming too. All of these applications require higher speeds and may create buffering if the speed you are currently subscribed to doesn’t support simultaneous use of these applications. Check our bandwidth calculator at cvctx.com/internet to find the bandwidth needs for your household, and fill out the online sign-up located on the home page to find out the speed available at your home.
Keeping You Informed
Colorado Valley Communications is making every effort to keep you informed about how we are responding to the COVID-19 outbreak, along with ways you can protect yourself and your family. To ensure you see our information:
- Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/cvctx
- Follow us on Instagram: Instagram.com/colorado_valley
- Visit our website: cvctx.com
Please also note we have longer than normal call volumes at this time, so please be patient with us as our team is going above and beyond to make sure everyone has the connectivity they need.
As we navigate these uncertain times, we encourage our communities to stay safe. We recommend you visit the Center for Disease Control (cdc.gov) website for updates on COVID-19 and preventative measures you can take to keep you and your family safe. We are proud to be your local service provider, and as your neighbor, we are here to help you.