National Cybersecurity Awareness Month is an effort between government and industry to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. Colorado Valley wants to ensure all of our customers have the resources needed to be safer and more secure online. Don’t assume cyber crime won’t happen to you; understanding cyber threats and how to protect yourself will help keep you and your family safe online.
Did you know?
- Nearly 60 Million Americans have been affected by identity theft. [Source: Harris Poll::2018 Online Survey]
- There are around 24,000 malicious mobile apps blocked every day. [Source: Symantec]
Tips for cyber success:
- Check emails with caution. Always be wary of emails with attachments or suspicious links, and never click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender, were expecting the email and know the content to be safe.
- Realize threats are everywhere. Did you know that unsecured WiFi networks and phony apps could cause your data to be hijacked? Always confirm hotspots are legitimate and apps are from a trusted course before connecting or downloading on your mobile device.
- Secure your devices. Practicing safe physical security should always be a priority- whether at the office, when traveling and at all points in between. Don’t leave computers or phones unattended and ensure proper device passcodes or encryption to prevent cybercrime.
For more information on National Cybersecurity Awareness month, visit www.staysafeonline.org and dhs.gov/ncsam and follow #cyberaware on social media.