October is National Co-op Month, and as a special thanks to our customers, Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative has teamed up with Fayette Electric Cooperative to host a special Shred Day. Join us Friday, October 4th for a FREE document shredding service in La Grange. Shred trucks will be available from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM at Fayette Electric and from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM at Colorado Valley offices. For anyone with more than three boxes, donations will be accepted for the Children’s Advocacy Center and Turtle Wing Foundation.
Fayette Electric Cooperative is located at 357 North Washington St, La Grange, TX 78945. 11:00 AM-12:30 PM.
Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative is located at 4915 S. US Hwy 77, La Grange, TX 78945. 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
Discover the advantages of belonging to a cooperative! National Co-op Month is to raise public awareness of cooperatives and celebrate their accomplishments. The theme for this year’s National Co-op Month is “Co-ops: By the Community, For the Community”. Fayette Electric and Colorado Valley are honoring this theme by sponsoring the free shred event for our community and to thank you for being members.
CO-OP MONTH FUN FACTS:
- Co-op month has been a nationally recognized celebration since 1964, when U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Orville Freeman, a former Minnesota governor, proclaimed October Co-op Month.
- The first national theme in 1964 was “Cooperatives: USDA Helps Build a Better America.”
- Since 1971, cooperatives, statewide associations, and the National Cooperative Business Association have fueled their own events and promotions.
- More than 900 electric co-ops provide power in nearly every state (47) in America.
- About 1.2 million rural Americans in 31 states are served by 260 telephone cooperatives.
See you on October 4th!