Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (CVTC) was established in 1953 and is located in rural Central Texas, midway between Austin and Houston. We offer our members and customers local and long distance voice service as well as high-speed Internet and broadband services. We are one of the largest companies in Fayette County and are committed to giving back to our community.
Current Employment Opportunities with CVTC:
Broadband Deployment Installer/Repairer
Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (CVTC) was established in 1953 and is located in rural Central Texas, midway between Austin and Houston. We offer our members and customers local and long distance telephone service as well as high-speed Internet and broadband services. We are one of the largest companies in Fayette County and are committed to giving back to our community.
CVTC is seeking a highly motivated individual focused on quality customer service to join our team to fill the position of a Broadband Deployment Installer/Repairer.
Installs, maintains, and services customer premises equipment. Typically installs copper and fiber drop wires including buried and aerial, station protectors, network interface devices, DSL as well as wireless Internet. Also performs initial wiring or rewiring for new subscriber systems. Explains equipment and services and answers customer questions. Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports. .
Essential Job Functions
- Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, station protections and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
- Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble.
- Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
- Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
- Confers with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Installs and maintains equipment for diversified telco services including wireless and fiber services.
- On-Call Rotation.
- Must be able to climb ladder and other structures as needed; uses bucket truck when required. Lifts and carriers loads of at least 50 lbs.
- Promotes a positive and professional image of the company to customers, co-workers, contractors, Management and others.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience.
- One to two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Excellent writing and speaking abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, & Excel).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of local exchange distribution network facilities.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Tower climbing skill and ability preferred.
- Networking knowledge a plus.
- Technical experience with fiber a plus.
CVTC offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package as well as a challenging work environment. CVTC is also a drug free workplace, conducting pre-employment and random post-hire drug screenings. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit for confidential consideration a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com, or mail to Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc., Attn: Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 130, La Grange, TX 78945. E.O.E.
La Grange, TX